Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default I have broken the Peugeot

In article ,
Fredxx wrote:
On 24/04/2020 23:32:30, newshound wrote:
On 24/04/2020 23:09, Fredxx wrote:
On 24/04/2020 23:04:32, newshound wrote:
On 24/04/2020 20:46, ARW wrote:
Not much effort really.

I cannot open the fuel cap as the key will not fit in it (it used to
do).

30 miles to home with 44 miles showing on the range.

Had to drive like a girl and limp it home.

I've had that problem with my Renault Master (ISTR they share some
bits). A dose of WD40 cured it though.

Are you sure? Peugeot and Renault rarely collaborate.

No, not sure. Not suggesting collaboration necessarily, just that they
might use same suppliers for third party-ish bits. Half remembering a
conversation with my mechanic mate when I had a problem with something
else.

I have known drive-shafts and struts to fit numerous cars.

By way of example, as soon as Peugeot took over Vauxhall the Vivaro was
quickly changed to the Peugeot equivalent from the Renault Tragic.

the Anglia 105E used the same dynamo (a Lucas part) as the Mini.
It was cheaper from a Ford Dealer.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England