jeff

Default Air Conditioning Repair

"Old Salty Frog" wrote in message ...
Hi,

While mounting and seting up my window framing around
the air conditioning unit (window mount type unit) I slipped
with the elec. drill and put 1/16" hole in the copper tubing.

Hope you where not trying to add some drain holes to the unit!

Of course, the refrigerant leaked all out. Is my air conditioner
ruined?

Not healthy

Since this portion of the copper tube where I accidently
put the hole into is easily accesable, can I solder it? Can the
unit be refilled with refrigerant? This unit is a FEEDERS model
A2Q10F2BG, type Q, SKU#401-183

The hole would be covered up with something stronger than regular
solder since the operating and static pressures in the window a/c are
super high. Take the unit to local repair shop for an est. Hope the
unit was not ran with a hole in the tubing as this could damage the
compressor. This type of work would probably start out around
$100-150.00
The repair would be to weld up the hole, flush out the tubing inside,
add access valves, evacuate the system and recharge if you other leaks
are found.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/