Andy Dingley

Default Question about using a router

On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 23:19:26 +0000, Andy Hall
wrote:

Well there's your problem, isn't it. A non-locking switch is enough
to stop me buying any router with one.

I'm pretty sure that most, if not all, now have this courtesy of the
pussies in Brussels.

Locking switches aren't extinct yet, although they're certainly
getting rare.

Does anyone know (ie can cite the real regulation) just what the
status of router switches is ?

So do you mean that you

Yes

I looked at the offset trenching base that Trend makes.

My router's standard baseplate has too big a central hole, so I made a
few additional ones. One of these is like the Trend base, except that
it's made in two pieces that interlock on a large hexagon. I can
adjust the offset, yet keep the router facing towards me.