Greg O

Default Air Conditioning Repair

"SQLit" wrote in message
news:xcNpc.30063$%o1.12716@lakeread03...

"Old Salty Frog" wrote in message
While mounting and seting up my window framing around
the air conditioning unit (window mount type unit) I slipped
with the elec. drill and put 1/16" hole in the copper tubing.
Of course, the refrigerant leaked all out. Is my air conditioner
ruined? Since this portion of the copper tube where I accidently
put the hole into is easily accesable, can I solder it? Can the
unit be refilled with refrigerant? This unit is a FEEDERS model
A2Q10F2BG, type Q, SKU#401-183

Thanks

Gill

Call a pro and have it silver soldered, replace the dryer if there is one.
put a vaccum pump on it to see if it will hold then refill it.

Sure it can be repaired, but with the labor rates as they are the AC is
probably junk. Either spend $200 for a new one or pay someone $200 to repair
it.Your choice!
Greg