Posted to alt.home.repair
KenK KenK is offline

Default Swamp cooler pump

trader_4 wrote in
:

On Friday, April 24, 2020 at 1:39:55 PM UTC-4, KenK wrote:
The weather is hitting the 100s starting today so I was preparing the
swamp cooler for the year's operation. This is a new cooler and pump.
I checked the pump. No water to the pads. Disconnected the water line
from the pump. It works, but doesn't produce enough water pressure
for the water to reach the top of the hose where it is distributed to
the pads. First time I've ever seen a pump fail like this in the many
decades I've used a cooler. Something new to watch out for or was
this a one-time occurance?

TIA

What kind of pump? Any identifying information? What about the
intake to the pump, no restriction?

I put in a new pump and threw the defective one away so I can't answer
your questions. The intake was not blocked.