Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] tobias@mypostoffice.co.uk is offline

Default Is there a chemical antidote to bleach that will inactivate it instantly?

On Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 1:11:10 AM UTC+1, Danny D. wrote:
I spilled a few drops of bleach on the rug, and immediately flushed it
with water, but the thought came to me that there might be an instant
chemical "antidote" to bleach (like there is with an acid:base).

Is there something (other than water dilution) that counteracts bleach?

Charcoal is a traditional chemical antidote. Skin surface bleach burns can be relieved by potato peelings.
Tobias.