Posted to alt.home.repair
Notsosunnystate Notsosunnystate is offline

Default Old floor buckling by vent

replying to Notsosunnystate, Notsosunnystate wrote:
OP here; I appreciate everyones comments even if theyre upsetting to
know. I want this house to work out so badly but theres so many random
issues. Ugh just want to point out Im ripping the carpet away from the bump
to get closer and I found a large double sided razor blade under the carpet
pad 🙄 Ugh. Heres a new picture trying to get in closer. For this moment
Im trying to get closer without doing irreversible damage lol. Cant
exactly go to the home improvement store ATM if I do too much. Also please
keep in strong mind how old this house is (1930s)! I pressed on the wooden
bump in question, and its hard as a rock. It doesnt sink at all when
pressed on. The tack board is stuck to the floor too. The tack board is stuck
on the bad floor, which has about an inch gap from the wall (behind the vent)
and then where the bump is theres no space. It looks jammed. Ill try to
post as many new pictures as I can. Pictures are harder to see dimensions then
in person.
One pic is POV of vent & the gap.
One pic is POV of gap of bump to wall.
And then theres a picture where the two pieces of plank look like they were
forced upwards and it broke their seam?
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/mt
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/mu
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/mv