Posted to alt.home.repair
Notsosunnystate Notsosunnystate is offline

Default Old floor buckling by vent

replying to Ed Pawlowski, Notsosunnystate wrote:
The wires are coming through from the basement through a corner of the duct &
the flooring. Honestly I dont know how this handled about 90 years. The
river is in our backyard and we had floods in €˜06 & €˜11. Allegedly it
didnt come up to the house but I believe it reached the basement at least.
The floor €œbuckle€ (I say that because it doesnt look like a typical
floor buckle) to me looks like someone did the floor and got mad and jammed it
in there. Except theres space between the wall and the wood. I want to
replace the wood but because it looks like tongue and groove planks Im
afraid to. Also the black stuff under the carpet pad ๐Ÿคฎ Heres a picture
of the wires coming through and no Im not using them. We dont have cable
here anyway. On the other side of one of those pictures I originally posted
shows the TV and over there is another cable plug too. So Im thinking this
ones never really been used.
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/ms