Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default DIY 12v power system for garage

In article ,
Jon Parker wrote:
On Wednesday, April 22, 2020 at 2:26:48 PM UTC+1, wrote:
There is no obvious need to switch the power between charge and the
sockets?

I know very little about solar PV. I considered that an appliance
drawing more power than the panel could supply might harm the panel, so
I thought it best to switch the panel out of the circuit to ensure power
was only ever drawn form the battery.

If I were considering doing this, I would be installing a mains
powered 12v (13.8v) SMPSU - do you not have any mains power in the
garage?

I do have mains power in the garage. I will look into this solution,
seems to be neather than my proposed solution!

If you have mains power available, seems a very expensive way of getting
12v?

--
*When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.