Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) is offline

Default DIY 12v power system for garage

What sort of battery will you use? Will there be a back up charger for
mains for the winter?
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Jon Parker" wrote in message
I'm considering building a basic 12v power system for my garage comprising a
car battery, a solar panel on the outside to keep it charged, and a 12v
outlet on the exterior wall and probably one on the inisde also. Going to be
used for running the air pump mainly when pumping up bike and car tyres,
paddling pools etc.

I intend to use a 3-position switch to enable me to easily switch the
battery positive to the solar charger, or over to the 12v outlets, and to
prevent the outlet from receiving power when the battery is connected to the
charger. I'll need some sort of weatherproof box for exterior wall outlet of
course. I expect I'llneed to put a suitable fuse in the positive line,
around 6 inches from the terminal, 10 or 20 amp should be fine I think.

Does that all make sense? Any suggestions?

Jon