Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Uses for Neodymium Disc Magnets

On 4/22/2020 8:36 AM, FromTheRafters wrote:
Ralph Mowery presented the following explanation :
In article , says...

On 4/21/2020 7:36 PM, Andy wrote:
I bought some 1.5 inch Neodymium Disc Magnets.

I used some for holding tools.

I am looking for other ideas for what to use them for.

I was incredulous for the holding power of them.

After removing the separators between two of them, I had a heck of a
time separating them.

Andy

I have 3 about 2x3x 1/2" stuck together. I am going to have to make a
special tool to get them apart.* I have to be REALLY careful around
any iron of any size not to get pinched.

The computer hard drives have some very powerful magnets in them.

Microwave ovens too.

These ones of mine probably have a pull on the order of 150+ lbs.