The Natural Philosopher

Default Eric Clapton gets CBE

IMM wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message

On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 00:41:55 -0000, "IMM" wrote:

"Andrew" wrote in message

In article , Andy Hall
writes

On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 12:48:16 -0000, "IMM" wrote:

The economy is booming, the pound
is almighty strong,

This is not necessarily helpful.

I suppose poverty and deprivation is. What world do you live in?

The real one.

Have you ever heard that a strong currency leads to more expensive
exports?

The pound is not strong against the Euro, but the dollar is temporarily
very weak - that's great for the US, bad for the rest of the world.
Like Britain, Americans are spending more borrowed money that they can
afford.

I assume you refer to this consumer debt. 80% is people paying mortgages

put a super expensive small roof over their heads. Land ownership and
availability for building is the core of this.

Oh not that again.

You are so dumb you can't see the root problem(s). We pay far too much for
very small homes because of an artificial land shortage, while the
established aristocracy still own vast tracts of land in the UK. Haven't
you figured it out yet?

Do you WANT a house in the middle of the cairngorms? No roads, no water,
no sewage, no electricirty, no phones, no work, nothing but sheep to
shag...ahh...I see your point finally.