Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Does my ground rod need replacing?

In article ,
says...

On Tuesday, April 21, 2020 at 1:12:35 PM UTC-4, TimR wrote:
On Friday, April 17, 2020 at 8:16:35 PM UTC-4, wrote:
bonded concrete deck and an in ground swimming pool. The current on
the transformer ground at the street in front of my house is 0.3 amps
but I have almost 3 on my grounding electrode conductor. (with the
main breaker off). I don't have any stray voltage around my house that

Interesting. Presumably you're not paying for those 3 amps, so it's free power!

It's not free, it's still flowing through the meter.

He said the main breaker is off, so how can it flow through the meter ?
I really wonder how there can be any current at all or maybe close to
the .3 amps that is on the one at the transformer.

Still with 3 amps on the grounding electrode conductor, I wonder what is
wrong ? That current that should not be there is comming from
somewhere.

Somewhere I am not getting the big picture . I would think the ground
at the transformer at the street and the ground at the house would be
connected with a wire that has a low enough resistance not to allow that
much current. Must be a bad/loose or no connection.