Toller

Default Water heater pressure relief value drip

FWIW, when I bought my house, it didn't have a pressure reducing valve,
therefore the pressure was about 120 psi. One of the first things I did

was
to install a PRV. The wife complained because the 50-55 psi I had it set

wasn't high enough, I reset it to 80 psi and she's happy.

Mine was 85psi and the local code wisely allows a maximum of 70; so last
year I installed a PRV, cutting it to 50.(except for my main outdoor outlet,
that I replumbed to come before the valve) Can't really tell the difference
except that a pinhole leak just before the water heater, that I couldn't
rouse myself to fix, stopped leaking!