Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default How long to leave a Car Battery flat

On 19/04/2020 12:59, Pancho wrote:
In article ,
Â*Â*Â* Pancho wrote:
As you an Dave question the reading I will check again tomorrow. I don't
think I have an alarm so I guess the only real requirement is the door
lock receiver. I'm not sure how much power that requires.

Not just the receiver. The device that provides the timed pulse to
open or
lock the doors will be live too. Then you have things like the radio or
whatever memory. Even the clock.

I've not known any modern car where it is as low as 2 mA.

OK I just tested again.

Procedu

Undid black wire from battery.
Tightened black wire on to ammeter probe.
Connected ammeter com probe to battery neg terminal (with elastic band)
Used Amp setting on multimeter.

Glad that I used a clamp meter when the AA man put my van battery on
charge. 59A at first and down to 15A after 15-20 minutes.

--
Adam