rck

Default Leave furnace blower running 24/7?

It was a new Clayton trailer home. Clayton used ducts that were too small
and airflow was inadequate as far as I was concerned. Clayton said it was
adequate. Trailer homes are built to minimum specs. I agree it shouldn't
have been like that, but it was. A local heating contractor told me the only
solution would have been to put in larger ductwork to get adequate airflow.
Clayton, by the way, is bottom of the line. I learned a lot when I bought
that home. Now I live in a site built home. No more trailer homes for me.

Bob

"HeatMan" wrote in message
ink.net...

"rck" wrote in message
. net...
In my previous house, I ran mine all the time during the summer to

de-ice
the a/c coils between cooling cycles. Compared to the power used by the
compressor, the cost of running the fan was nothing.

Bob

If you had a problem with icing, you had a real problem. Icing up with
central air is not normal.

"HeatMan" wrote in message
ink.net...

"DesignGuy" wrote in message
I recently had some A/C service done, and the tech recommended that

leave
the furnace blower running constantly, letting the heat and cooling

come
on
as needed. The theory is that is would "even out" the air

temperatures
throughout the house (I have a 2-story house with basement, dual

zone
system). Makes sense to me, but wanted to know what the smart folks

in
this
ng thought?

If you want to, run it all the time.

With a good filter installed, it will also help get a lot of the dust

out
of
the air.