HeatMan

Default Leave furnace blower running 24/7?

"rck" wrote in message
. net...
In my previous house, I ran mine all the time during the summer to de-ice
the a/c coils between cooling cycles. Compared to the power used by the
compressor, the cost of running the fan was nothing.

Bob

If you had a problem with icing, you had a real problem. Icing up with
central air is not normal.

"HeatMan" wrote in message
ink.net...

"DesignGuy" wrote in message
I recently had some A/C service done, and the tech recommended that I

leave
the furnace blower running constantly, letting the heat and cooling

come
on
as needed. The theory is that is would "even out" the air temperatures
throughout the house (I have a 2-story house with basement, dual zone
system). Makes sense to me, but wanted to know what the smart folks in

this
ng thought?

If you want to, run it all the time.

With a good filter installed, it will also help get a lot of the dust

out
of
the air.