Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default How long to leave a Car Battery flat

On Mon, 20 Apr 2020 12:46:18 GMT, lid (AnthonyL)
wrote:

snip

Having been told how unsuitable a laptop PSU would be, without the
mods you have implemented or similar, I've just bought one of these
this morning:

https://www.aldi.co.uk/auto-xs-car-b...90030347442700

for £9.99.

That's better (I have a few of them). ;-)

My 2010 Focus, which has been unused for a few weeks now, was
registering 1 bar and I've left it on trickle (0.8amp) so in the past
two hours it has gone up to 2 bar. (I think 5 = max).

Given that it's an 'Intelligent / Automatic' charger and you don't
know how flat the battery currently is (other than after you have put
the charger on), I'd put it into full charge mode as that's still not
a lot of current from those chargers.

I didn't try turning the car over so no idea if I was flat flat or
just low or the Aldi device lies.

Best to put it on full in any case.

3yr guarantee as well.

Result.