Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Allodoxaphobia[_3_] Allodoxaphobia[_3_] is offline

Default Anyone have experience with Cuisinart CYM-100 Automatic CoolingYogurt Maker repair

On Mon, 20 Apr 2020 04:46:45 -0700 (PDT), John-Del wrote:
On Sunday, April 19, 2020 at 4:43:08 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Following up on my repair effort, I'll document what I found in case anyone going down this road stumbles on this writeup.

In short the unit uses a Peltier module heat pump to both heat and cool the yogurt container. The Peltier module was bad in my unit - gave a constant ~30K ohms reading, connected it to a 12vdc battery source, no heat what so ever.
The module is a TEC1-12705.
To my surprise none of the usual electron parts houses have them (Mouser, Digikey, avnet, allied, newark, etc.) Amazon has them ranging in price from $6 to $10 from varying sources and from what I see in the reviews, all parts are of questionable quality. To my surprise, they are available through Walmart!
Not sure where to get the OEM part - suggestions? pointers appreciated.

Walmart is a poor man's Amazon. Many of the things sold on Walmart's online site are deliverd from someone's basement, and I don't know if Walmart would offer the same protections as Amazon, as good or as bad as that might be.

Walmart == Made In China Store

Even those who lower
their expectations
are often disappointed.