Batman

Default Leave furnace blower running 24/7?

On Fri, 14 May 2004 03:12:16 GMT, "DesignGuy"
wrote:

I recently had some A/C service done, and the tech recommended that I leave
the furnace blower running constantly, letting the heat and cooling come on
as needed. The theory is that is would "even out" the air temperatures
throughout the house (I have a 2-story house with basement, dual zone
system). Makes sense to me, but wanted to know what the smart folks in this
ng thought?

I also would like to hear what others have to say about this.I have
been keeping my AC in the fan position but keep it on auto during the
heating season. I did some un-scientific testing after having my
Central AC installed a few years ago.I found that the AC compressor
ran only a little more than half as often if the FAN was allowed to
run all of the time. Also the house comfort level seems better with
the air constantly moving.