Elaine

Default Recommendations for portable air conditioners?

How energy efficient is the Maytag portable and does it keep the room cool?

That old Friedrich you have must be VERY energy inefficient! Do you ever
have anyone come in to fill it up with Freon?

David Efflandt opened in
m:

have had one of those Maytag portable units since early last summer for
my upstairs. It is A/C if vented out a window (or dehumidifier if not).
The condensate is used to cool the condenser, so all summer it only
accumulated a couple ounces of water in its tank (rest went out vent as
vapor). That works for me until I have a chance to replace a Whirlpool
window shaker that is glued into the wall above a modified window and
does NOT have a slide out chassis.

My main floor has a Friedrich through-the-wall that is still going
strong after over 30 yrs (which I estimated from its appearance to be
from the 70's, but from its serial number might be from 1967).