Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Of Taps and Tails

On 19/04/2020 12:07, harry wrote:
On Saturday, 18 April 2020 19:49:31 UTC+1, PeterC wrote:
On Sat, 18 Apr 2020 07:50:15 -0700 (PDT), harry wrote:

On Saturday, 18 April 2020 09:30:45 UTC+1, PeterC wrote:
Got new tap, swivel-spout mixer, with the usual metal mesh outer. Now, a
couple of things:

how durable are these tails? Pressure is about 4 Bar, so quite a force on
the hose.

the tails have 10mm thread into the tap, with a little O-ring as a seal. If
I tighten a tail as much as I can I can still unscrew it by just twisting
the other end. The hex on the tail is no good as it's deep within the base
of the tap.

As the water supply is in Speedfit and tails end in 15mm female I'm getting
a pair of Hep2O push-fit tails.
https://www.screwfix.com/p/hep2o-pus...m-2-pack/2043f

For fitting the waste I have Pluumbers Mait; not a fan as it sticks to
everything except the right place. Is there anything better?

The braid on the rubber hose looks to be stainless steel.
In my case it wasn't, it has started to rust.
These flexibles are best avoided IMV

I agree - if I'm not happy with them I'll se if I can get some copper ones.

The other thing is the little quarter turn isolating valves with the screwdriver slot are crap. Seize up, leak and pass.

True of some, but not generally if you get decent ones.

--
Cheers,

John.