Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default IR contactless temperature guns

Robert wrote:

point it up your nose, or into the back of your throat ?
They may have a resolution on 0.1 deg C, but accuracy is a different
matter and on mine is stated as +/- 1 deg C

Oral , ear canal or anal temperatures are usually the best to match
"core" body temperature which is usually quoted as* a normal value of 37C .

My lidaldi thermometer reads 36.x in my ear or under my tongue, where x
varies from .3 to .7

My cheapo black/yellow "gun" thermometer varies between 30.1 to 33.6
when looking at my forehead, throat or ear, sorry no black tape to hand.