Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default Must get newer laptop connected

On Sat, 18 Apr 2020 21:27:17 -0700 (PDT), Michael Terrell
wrote:

On Saturday, April 18, 2020 at 9:25:13 PM UTC-4, Clare wrote:

It was too many of those at the office that convinced me there would
be no HP printers here in MY office. Got a brother all-in one at my
wife's desk, and a Canon inkjet and Lexmark color laser at mine. I've
got a Samsung monochrome laser and an old HP Laserjet sitting on the
sidelines. (I bought the Canon new - all the rest are "salvage")

I have a pile of old printers, left from repairing and giving away used computers. Most work, but not on later versions of Windows. The do work with Linux, so they will slowly go away. Bad laser printers are scrapped for the motors, rods and some ICs. Most HP printers are scrapped for hardware when I get them.

I don't even bother taking injets apart any more - or late-model HP
lasers. If this HP didn't have a full cartridge and a brand new spare
with it I'd have scrapped it. It was the only "orphan" in a customer's
office and they were standardizing on printers that all used the same
supplies so they put this one in the discard pile they paid me to
dispose of. Along with the Lexmark color laser with one spare toner
cartridge.