Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peeler[_4_] Peeler[_4_] is offline

Default A simple way to reuse disposable face masks?

On Sat, 18 Apr 2020 19:53:57 GMT, Kelly wrote:

Right, it's difficult one and I'm not totally sure what to do for the
best. But maybe after using the face mask once, I could sterilise it
by putting it into an autoclave bag and heating the whole thing up in
a pressure cooker. This might be an acceptable compromise, at least
for the time being, to then re-use masks 2 or 3 times.

A TV documentary mentioned, don't use it AT ALL with appliances that are
used for preparing food (so NO oven, NO microwave, etc.). It's simply too
dangerous. Also NO ironing. The explanation was, you can't iron it long
enough to have effect without damaging the mask.

What they said you can do is WASH it at AT LEAST at 60°C, better 90°C and
for AT LEAST ten minutes, preferably longer.