Posted to uk.d-i-y
Kelly[_5_] Kelly[_5_] is offline

Default A simple way to reuse disposable face masks?

Rod Speed wrote:

"Kelly" wrote in message

It has been suggested that once used during a session, a N95 mask can
be put aside for somewhere around a week to let any potential virus
contamination die. Then it could be safely reused for another session.
That would be a pretty simple method... if it truly was safe.

It likely is because the virus has been shown to not survive that
long on any type of surface.

BUT the diamond princess cruise ship was found to still have
some virus still present after weeks by the US CDC but they
didn't say where that was found to have survived. It might
have been in some irrelevant place like the sewer system etc
which wouldn't be relevant to a mask.

Right, it's difficult one and I'm not totally sure what to do for the
best. But maybe after using the face mask once, I could sterilise it
by putting it into an autoclave bag and heating the whole thing up in
a pressure cooker. This might be an acceptable compromise, at least
for the time being, to then re-use masks 2 or 3 times.