Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum_on_google[_2_] polygonum_on_google[_2_] is offline

Default A simple way to reuse disposable face masks?

On Saturday, 18 April 2020 09:28:11 UTC+1, Kelly wrote:
I've been hoping I could find a relatively easy way to sterilise,
clean and reuse my coronavirus protection face masks, without the need
of powerful disinfectants and alcohol (which are of course also in
short supply). Then I came across this method online where a guy
reckons it's possible to do all this with just soap, hot water and a
toothbrush (it's almost as easy as washing your hands).

The guy plausibly (I thought) explains his method in a video:

https://diyjoy.com/how-to-sterilize-a-face-mask/

Could I please ask the 'experts' here in this newsgroup if they think
this is a good idea... or not?

An autoclave will do the job.

(Would a pressure cooker work? Can't think why not.)