dps

Default Tired of bumping my string trimmer

Bob wrote:
...First of all - next time you by a [tool], stay away from the cheapos...

For important tools, buy the best you can afford. They will last longer
and do a better job. Caveat: they need maintenance.

Two philosophies on tools for casual use:

Buy a good one (not the best and/or most expensive). It will last longer
and actually have some resale value (assuming it gets maintenance).

For tools that get excessive use or neglect, buy the cheapo. Due to
neglect and hard use, neither the cheapo or the good one will last.

I go through shovels. I used to buy $5 shovels. They last about 2 years
before they break (usually the handles, but yes, I have broken the blade
on a couple). One year I splurged and bought a couple of high end
shovels around $25-30 apiece. They lasted two years. I now buy $5
shovels (although the price has gone to $6 or 7).

Any project worth its salt is an excuse for a new tool.