Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Recommendations for brand of leaf blower gutter cleanerattachment combination

On Saturday, April 18, 2020 at 1:35:08 PM UTC-4, trader_4 wrote:
On Saturday, April 18, 2020 at 12:37:40 PM UTC-4, Frank wrote:
On 4/18/2020 12:15 PM, TimR wrote:
The best reviews I can find for leaf blowers like the Toro Powerjet, and it's available in my area.

But the also highly rated Toro gutter cleaning attachment doesn't fit it.

I've tried homemade contraptions and not been successful but this season I want to see if I can make this work.

I prefer corded electric, but would consider anything you've had good luck with.

My gutter experience was to make one out of PVC. It fit my B&D corded
blower but did not work that well besides being heavy. You really need
something that will blast the crap out of your gutters as it gets wet
and is hard to remove. Besides I think most gutters are like mine and
shingles over lap a couple of inches to make the space in a 5 inch
gutter only 3 inches.

I never tried a gizmo to do it from the ground, but that concern sounds right.
I've tried to blow them out a few times from the roof and that's the problem.
It's hard to get them to come out. I suppose with a gizmo from the ground
that gets the air down at the bottom, it might work better. And then when
crap flies out, seems it would be coming down on you, all over the place, etc.
Doing it early, frequently, when they are light and fluffy as opposed to later
when they are starting to rot and stay wet would be key too.

We've had good "luck" with the homemade schedule 80 PVC attachment my husband
made for the leaf blower, cleaning the gutters on our 1-story house while
standing on the ground.

You're right, though: it's best to get at it while everything is dry. If
it's been raining we just put on a raincoat with a hood and have at it.
Either way, a shower afterward is a must.

Cindy Hamilton