Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Must get newer laptop connected

"Clare Snyder" wrote in message

Windows 10 may be "designed for touch screen and cell phone" but it is
a pretty kick-ass desktop OS as well. I was a XP man. Perhaps the
solidest MS OS ever by the time SP3 had rolled out - then the Win7 and
Win8 abortions came along.
Win10 brought back the reliability and functionality of XP, in my
opinion. It's different than XP, but I actually - after a short time,
found it to be an even better desktop OS.

Unless I had an app that would NOT run on 10, or specialized equipment
that wouldn't talk to 10, there's no way I'd go back to 7 or XP.

My policy is to assign risky tasks to the least valuable computer that can
handle them. My Win 10 laptop goes online for updates but not general
browsing.

Some of the performance improvement over W7 is due to having an i5 CPU
instead of a Core 2 Duo although the clock speeds aren't much different, 2.4
and 2.8 GHz.

https://www.avg.com