Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default I fixed something

In article
,
Tim+ wrote:
Considering that it only has to make a momentary connection it‘s odd that
just pressing it more firmly doesn‘t overcome the tarnishing (or whatever
is increasing the resistance).

Oddly, despite very good weatherproofing, there was some crud on the pcb
around the switch on mine, almost as if water had got in at some time.
I wonder if it happened during manufacture before the unit was fully
sealed?

The Lidl one appears to be very well sealed. Nice rubber gasket between
the the case parts. To IP whatever, I'd guess.

Be interesting to know if ones kept in a house have the switch last longer
than one kept in an unheated etc garage.

The one I have built into the Rover - one of the first models - has only
had the switch changed recently. Quite a few years old and well past any
warranty. And the car lives outdoors. This early one has fixing brackets
built in - later ones don't.

--
*Okay, who stopped the payment on my reality check? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.