Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Must get newer laptop connected

"David Billington" wrote in message ...

Back in early 2012 i replaced all the motherboard caps in a couple of
Dells I have as while still working many of the caps were showing signs
of distress. I got a kit of caps from https://www.badcaps.net/index.php
to suit the motherboards and found I needed a 50W soldering iron due to
the amount of heat needed to get a good joint, I presume due to the
various planes acting as a heat sink, my lower powered irons wouldn't
cut it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermal_relief
Without them it's nearly impossible to put heat in as fast as the power
plane can draw it away, with them it's merely difficult. Heating the area
with hot air helps.

https://www.avg.com