Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Elson Jon Elson is offline

Default Sheldon lathe guys

Adam kenaio wrote:

replying to Jon Elson, Adam kenaio wrote:
Hi, John, I have the same Sheldon lathe as yours, it is r15-8, and my
question to you is, do you know how to cut metric threads with your lathe
and what does it take to configure the lathe to do so, thanks for your
help and prompt reply.

There are apparently two versions of the drive to the QC gearbox. Mine has
a toothed belt drive. But, apprently, there was a version that had a gear
train instead, so that you could slip in a set of transposing gears (like a
100:127 tooth gear) to get metric threads. I suppose you could cobble up
a set of a few idler gears such that you could do the same.

Jon