Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Must get newer laptop connected

"Terry Coombs" wrote in message ...

This desktop is my last XP box - and it's dual boot with 7 as an
alternate since it got a new mobo . If the old motherboard had not
started to fail it would still be a straight XP machine . I may try to
resurrect that motherboard , I found 3 slightly bulged electrolytic caps
after the swap , all easily accessible for replacement .
Snag
I've been buying trade-ins from Vermont and Maine state governments at a
flea market. The latest is a pristine 2015 Thinkpad T530 laptop with a
clean, valid reinstall of Win 10 for $100. It's old and thick enough to have
user-accessible RAM and a removable DVD drive so I doubled the RAM, cloned
the HDD to an SSD and archived it, and bought a plug-in caddy for a second
internal (bootable) hard drive.

These don't have great gaming graphics or many desktop expansion slots but
they are solid business-quality machines from Dell, HP, Lenovo etc.

https://www.avg.com