Jo

Default Another Cable Network Question

Wireless is essentially "plug and play".

Dorot29701 wrote:

Most cable services will run the internet cable to the house and inside one
room. Then you have the option of doing the rest yourself - if there are
computers in other rooms you can use a wireless setup. We are probably going
to get cable service and I'm not sure we can get the wireless setup to work. As
long as we have to hire someone to do it, thought maybe we should just pay
someone to wire those rooms.

My question: Both computers are in bedrooms, across the hall from each other.
Would it be possible (instead of buying wireless setup) to have those two rooms
wired for cable and get a spliter so the signal would go to both rooms? Is that
even possible?

Thanks.

Dorothy