Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] lhines2@gmail.com is offline

Default Generac generator (natural gas) starts but won't stay running

On Friday, September 6, 2013 at 2:44:01 PM UTC-4, TOM wrote:
It will only run for about 8sec's then stops. It does it 4 or 5 times then
shuts down.

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...in-762399-.htm

As I discovered on my Generac propane powered generator, rusting internally caused a leak between the exhaust chamber and the other air chambers. After I plugged the leaks by mounting a cover plate, the generator started and continued running. Apparently the exhaust was starving the motor for oxygen..