Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Panasonic drills/drivers

On 4/14/2020 9:47 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 14 Apr 2020 18:48:05 -0700 (PDT), Jay Pique
wrote:

I owned a Panasonic drill/impact driver back in the early 2000's and it was absolutely the best I've ever owned. I think they had 3.5amp hour batteries - nickel metal hydride - but they lasted for.ever. All day basically. The impact driver had a slick digital clutch - and then a "quarter turn" feature that you could use to fine tune screw depth.

LiIon is far superior. I like the Bosch brushless drills and drivers.
I've had too many of the brushed versions go up in smoke.

What happened to them? Do those features still exist today? I feel like the Dewalts and Makitas I've been using are inferior.

Panasonic has been getting out of consumer electronics for some years.
It's too hard to compete with the Koreans and Chinese and maintain a
high standard of living. They're mostly B2B now.

Just curious.
JP

PS - still hate the improved Lee Valley website. get off my lawn.

I'm not a fan of Highland's web site either but their showroom and
stuff in it are first rate, like Lee Valley. Less non-woodworking
stuff though.

Take a look at the Hartville Hardware web site.

https://www.hartvillehardware.com/