Dave Plowman

Default Central heating Pump Overrun

In article ,
Steve wrote:
Cheap enough these days, and about 30 seconds of programming effort. Why
ponce about with 555 timers (flaky at long delays) ?

Maplin used to do a chip designed for car heated rear windows etc on which
you could set the time from a few seconds to a day or so with just one R &
C. It had enough drive current capability for a meaty relay, and could
either toggle on or off, or on at power up. Much less susceptible to
interference on the supply than a 555. Cheap, too, and I bought a load of
them as it's an easy answer to many problems. One of them provides the 14
hour timer for my Ni-Cad charging area.

--
*I have a degree in liberal arts -- do you want fries with that

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn