Posted to rec.woodworking
Jay Pique Jay Pique is offline

Default Panasonic drills/drivers

I owned a Panasonic drill/impact driver back in the early 2000's and it was absolutely the best I've ever owned. I think they had 3.5amp hour batteries - nickel metal hydride - but they lasted for.ever. All day basically. The impact driver had a slick digital clutch - and then a "quarter turn" feature that you could use to fine tune screw depth.

What happened to them? Do those features still exist today? I feel like the Dewalts and Makitas I've been using are inferior.

Just curious.
JP

PS - still hate the improved Lee Valley website. get off my lawn.