Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Picking up the tools again.

On Saturday, 11 April 2020 19:35:31 UTC+1, John wrote:
I haven't touched a soldering iron for about fifty years, so I thought of
using this shutdown time to get geared up for a bit of tech activity. Got
myself a USB scope, a couple of multimeters and a dual stabilised DC power
supply so far. I have loads of new components in the loft (or at least
they were in 1970 - 1980) left over from various commercial/military
projects. I hope all this will keep me interested for a while. I started
building a novel design for a human presence/movement detector in 1976,
but shelved it because of work commitments, so I will probably continue
with that for starters.

Sorry, I am just rambling in my old age.

One thing you could really do with is one of those almost universal component testers, £12 or so on fleabay. Essential if using old caps, otherwise just very useful.

NT