Posted to uk.d-i-y
Max Demian Max Demian is offline

Default Help to copy files please

On 13/04/2020 16:36, Broadback wrote:
On 13/04/2020 15:50, Chris Green wrote:
Broadback wrote:
I wish to copy files from DVDs to my computer. Sadly they are labelled
trck1 etc on the discs, so I cannot copy more than one. Is there away
around this apart from laboriously rebelling each individually? TIA

Surely you simply copy each DVD to a different directory (folder) on
the computer, then the names won't clash.

Yes I could but that is very cumbersome, especially if I wish to play
random tracks.

It sounds like you actually have CDs

there is a program called abcde

https://abcde.einval.com/wiki/

It really works and searches the internet to find out what the tracks
are called

sadly its nor for windows

But its worth installing linux just to use it

There are plenty of CD rippers for Windows which work the same way. I've
ripped DVDs, but I forget how.

You can't just copy the files off an audio CD; you need to 'rip' them to
convert the format.

It would have been helpful if the OP had said what kind of discs they
we actually DVDs, or maybe CDs. Commercially produced, or home made.

--
Max Demian