Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Sketchup question

On Sun, 12 Apr 2020 21:54:06 -0400, Bill wrote:

DerbyDad03 wrote:

There is also a Dimensions feature which provides arrows.

Perhaps you could get creative by using a dimensions arrow, hiding part of
it behind a text box.

I haven't tried that in SU, but when working in Power Point, I often use
shapes with no border to hide parts of imported pictures, etc.

There's a tiny free program called pixie.exe that tells you the exact color
of the point under your cursor. By using that you can re-create that exact
color to use as the fill color for a shape (or font color, etc.) to help
blend your edits into the original image.

I went back and redid my models with SU. I made them a little simpler,
based on my earlier experiences. SU seems far better than the next best
thing available to me. Sometime I take the jpg files I make with SU,
and retouch them with a photo-editor(MS Photodraw from Office 95, I
think!).

I have a low-end computer and TV in my shop, where I can easily see it
from my saw. It helps to be able to view cuts while actually doing
it. I've always had trouble with printing SU models, particularly
with dimensions.