Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Tim Schwartz[_2_] Tim Schwartz[_2_] is offline

Default TEAC Cassette Deck W-750R

On 4/12/2020 8:59 PM, Paul Hovnanian P.E. wrote:
While I am on lockdown, I am fixing a pile of old equipment. The subject
dual cassette deck is in need of new belts. I found one set on EBay. But the
German vendor replied with "Ve do not ship to ze states!" Another site,
https://www.vintage-electronics.net has what appears to be a pretty decent
selection of belts (and other parts) for numerous models. But not for this
exact deck. My experience has been that manufacturers usually don't re-
invent the wheel and it is entirely possible that a belt set (or two) for
some other TEAC deck might fit. But my Google-fu fails me at finding any
sort of parts cross reference.

Any ideas?

Hi there,

I'm doing the same thing, going through the lifetime supply of
projects I have on hand.

Anyway, look up the manual on a site like hifiengine.com. You must
register, but there is no charge. Now look for the manual for your deck
and note the TEAC (Tokyo Electro Acoustic Company - that's today's
trivia) part numbers. Now look at similar decks for the same part
numbers, or just do a search of the part number.

I often find that companies do series of products, so using your model
as an example, I'd look for models with the same letters but 550, 650,
850 etc, or maybe 740,760, 780.

Best of luck in your quest, and hope you find your basement floor! I'm
sure mine is under all of that stuff somewhere....

Stay well,
Tim