Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Reay[_6_] Brian Reay[_6_] is offline

Default Picking up the tools again.

On 12/04/2020 20:40, T i m wrote:
On Mon, 13 Apr 2020 02:10:09 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

snip

But completely and utterly missing the point
of the electronics and nostalgic exercise for
a common used electronic component. It
wasn't about timing or timers at all.

No point in making something that you don't use.

No point *to you* Rod. Loads of people do loads of things they don't
'use', just for the fun of doing so.

Any idiot (that can speak) can 'use Alexa'
but not everone can solder (well)

And end up with a grossly inferior timer.

See above.

See above.

Se above again. You are 100% wrong because the world does not revolve
around tour POV of *anything*.

or do other practical stuff.

Like work out how to get the best timer and
even get real radical and work out hot to get
a lot more force on a tree that you are
bending back to where it needs to be.

Irrelevant. It was about nostalgic / electronics,

Only for fools.

Again, in your opinion I'm guessing. Now you are verging on being that
**** Rod Speed again ...

If you want nostalgic / electronics,
you use a pi or arduinos and make something useful.

I think people can do exactly what they want, the way they want to do
it, and don't need your permission to do so. Once again you are
completely missing the point. You are either doing so on purpose (to
be antagonistic) or because you are a deluded / self opinionated troll
/ ****?

Does that extend to eating meat, driving 4x4s etc?

--

https://www.antislavery.org/slavery-...forced-labour/