Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_107_] Bill[_107_] is offline

Default Sketchup question

DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Sunday, April 12, 2020 at 1:40:32 PM UTC-4, Bill wrote:
dpb wrote:
On 4/12/2020 10:50 AM, Bill wrote:
I noticed that SU isn't a free app anymore (except to use online,
which I haven't tried).Â* I still have an older version

My question is: How to get supscripts into a textfield: like x1, where
the 1 should be a subscript.

I have a Windows 10 machine, and already have over an hour invested in
this stupid problem... all to make something that "looks
professional"... lol

Thank you for any suggestions!Â* I have to step away from the machine!!!
Oh, and Happy Easter!

Bill

If you're talking about the old free "Sketchup Make" standalone version
(which I've still got here as well; haven't got into the subscription
model stuff yet and haven't tried the online version, either), it's not
possible.Â* You can change font/size/color of the text as an entity but
that's all the sophistication built into the text box in Make.

Layout has the facility, but it requires the Pro license and at least
here I can't run it any longer...not tried to see if there are any ways
around that.

--

I looked at the free online version and it is primitive compared to
"Sketchup Make". You can't enter text at all like in Sketchup Make.

"You can't enter text at all like in Sketchup Make."

I never tried Make, so I don't if you mean "You can't add text at all in
Sketchup Web" (you can) or you can't add in the same way as in Make.

If you meant that you can't add it *at all*, try this:

On the Measuring Tape pop-out menu, there is a Text option

On the Rectangle pop-out menu there's a 3D Text option.

I probably wouldn't have hidden the Text/3D Text options in those menus,
but that's where they are.

Hope that helps.

Thank you for informing me. I may take a 2nd look at the web program,
but the text feature doesn't sound like a substitute for a "textfield
with an arrow". I am currently exploring my other options as I worked on
two different drawings today and I'm not thrilled with them (and that's
ALL I've done today...LOL!) It's partially my own fault for having
grown "rusty" with SU.