Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) is offline

Default Picking up the tools again.

The main difference these days is everything is surface mount, ie no holes
etc.
This was just becoming the norm when I retired, but my eyesight by then was
shot in any case.

So if you need any new components it is very hard to find the ones for
normal fixings, ie with wires etc, at a reasonable cost and genuine.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"John" wrote in message ...
I haven't touched a soldering iron for about fifty years, so I thought of
using this shutdown time to get geared up for a bit of tech activity. Got
myself a USB scope, a couple of multimeters and a dual stabilised DC power
supply so far. I have loads of new components in the loft (or at least
they were in 1970 - 1980) left over from various commercial/military
projects. I hope all this will keep me interested for a while. I started
building a novel design for a human presence/movement detector in 1976,
but shelved it because of work commitments, so I will probably continue
with that for starters.

Sorry, I am just rambling in my old age.