Diane

Default paint/stain concrete roof tile

Finally getting ready to order the tile for my house. Built a "shop"
(24x32) nearby that we put tile on as a DIY project 23 years ago. The tile
color (Antique Ivory) is no longer available - even as a special order.
After checking for a number of years, I'm about ready to throw in the towel
& order red tile. Don't think I can "live" with having red tile on the
house and Ivory on the shop. I'm looking at painting/staining the Ivory tile
to match the red stuff since I'm not too excited about tearing off &
replacing 15 squares of "good" tile. Lowe's & Sherwin Williams both pointed
me to H&C acrylic stains for concrete. One suggested the Silicone Acrylic
Concrete Sealer; the other the Shield Plus Latex Concrete Stain. I've
looked at the H&C recommendations and neither is "perfect" for the job, but
might work. I'm painting some old, extra tiles as tests. I talked to H&C
and they don't really recommend either product for this - they referred me
to another specialty product made by Henry. Talked to Henry & their product
doesn't sound like a good match either. Another Sherwin Williams fellow
suggested using their bonding agent & then just regular house paint. Any
one have any experience to share in this area? The tile to be colored is
Monier Roma with a slurry coat that's going to make bonding touchy since
it's not porous. And I'm near Austin, TX, where it gets hot in the
summer...