Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default Flat battery

On 11/04/2020 10:24, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sat, 11 Apr 2020 08:12:03 +0100, Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) wrote:

I've often wondered when new cars are made it is obviously months before
they go to a customer, so how do they look after all those batteries?

Modern cars have various "sleep" modes that power various sub systems
off after various lengths of time. AIUI there is also a deep sleep
mode that can be manually entered that effectively disconects the
battery for storeage. How you wake it back up I donno, but cars still
do have a physical key and lock.

Though to be honest even a few mA drain will knacker a battery in few
months, Solar panel maybe, plugged into the ciggy socket or ODBII?
Actually disconnect the battery when parked up on the storeage field?
Would seem better options.

BMW have special depot at Southampton where news cars are 'woken up'
as part of the PDI. heard this phrase used on a documentary not that
long ago.