Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Flat battery

In article , Bert Coules
wrote:
newshound wrote:

The old fashioned transformer sort *usually* had a meter, you can
recognise those because they are always in a pressed steel box with big
ventilation louvres. The modern electronic ones (typically lightly
finned aluminium extrusions as heat sinks) will have electronic
regulation and usually have a coloured light.

Mine is in a plastic casing with no apparent heatsinks, externally at
least. It has six LEDs marked from 1A up to 6.

In either case the battery will not come to any harm if left on for a
day or two.

Tricky for me, since the car is in a very exposed paved area at the front
of my house. I don't suppose anyone would take advantage and stroll off
with the charger but I'd rather not leave the car with the bonnet
unlocked and cracked open overnight. But from what others have said, it
might be worth trying the starter after a few hours.

I'm sure you could close the bonnet if you put the charger in a suitable
place.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England