Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default Flat battery

Fredxx wrote in :

On 10/04/2020 17:20:09, Bert Coules wrote:
I just discovered that my car's battery is flat.Â* I won't need the car
until around the middle of next week: will it damage the battery at all
to leave it uncharged until then?

Yes. It's probably buggered already.

Never let a lead-acid go flat. It might work afterwards but most of its
capacity will have been destroyed.

And are the home rescue services operating at the moment anyway?

Yes, best tell them you need to go shopping!

They will really want to sell you a new battery - it also means that you
won't call them again. Is there no-one that can charge it for you?